Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Love Focus

You are radically loved, and it is not prideful to dwell on that heartwarming fact.  In actuality, I believe this to be the healthiest focus anyone can maintain.  Constant acknowledgement for the love God has for you allows for a newness of mind and a heavy change in priorities. In a world consumed by their need to find love, you stand out as one who knows how truly important you are, and can walk with confidence, understanding that the creator of everything is head over heels for you.  When you discover God, you also find love; there is no distinction between the two.  Life with God was not intended to be spent in a love-pursuit; but from your realization of his already existing love, your entire way of thinking becomes inspired by the outpouring of your focus.  In other words, when you see how loved you are, you begin to love in a like manner.  You become the love that the world is searching so relentlessly after.   

I could talk about love all day.  In recent years, it seems that whether I am eating, talking, daydreaming or working, God’s love for me is in some way mixed in with my thoughts.  His love has grown to be the most common factor to any decision, not because I dwell on it directly in each moment, but because my trust in his care has become natural, and in turn, this has made a literal difference in the way I look at people, situations and choices that life brings my way.  I see those around me as being just as deeply loved by God as I am, and suddenly respecting, honoring and exhorting others becomes a natural way of life.  Situations no longer determine my mood or behavior like they used to, because my joy is no longer in search of a steady place to land: I am already safe in God’s arms.  Life choices are no longer focused on appearance, as if I have something to prove to the world; but God has already proven my worth through the price he paid to have my heart.  A change in perspective is a transformed life. 


Don’t consume your thoughts with worries and self-pities.  Meditate on God’s love for you and see if that doesn’t change a few things.  It may begin as a routine you have to be purposeful about and remind yourself to focus on, but your mind will eventually catch up to your heart as your thoughts mimic those of your Father and you become a child with a love focus.            


No comments:

Post a Comment