Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Testimony Tuesday: Simon Hudson (Melbourne, Australia)

We were in the Mozambican 'bush bush', and had just finished screening the Jesus film, which meant that is was now time to begin praying for people. Two young deaf brothers approached us and we began to pray for them. As we prayed, one brother began experiencing healing, and the other one - not! In what I confess was a difficult situation, I became frustrated, and to be honest: concerned at how this young guy was feeling, having just watched his brother experience healing, but not see it for himself.


During the evening, we'd done our best to love on this brother with hugs, kind words, speaking life, caring for him, etc. etc. and so the next morning, despite my concerns that he might be disappointed or angry at God, instead, he was happy! It was then that I knew: although praying for the sick is pure, holy, and very important to do, if you pray without love then it is a fail! Love never fails! Aside from this scenario, I have seen heaps of miracles, salvation, etc. but I enjoy when God speaks to us, and shares his heart for people, which, one might say, is love!

No comments:

Post a Comment