Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Testimony Tuesday: Chris Collins of Colorado Springs, Colorado

I was on a ministering trip with my bible college that brought us to Louisiana.  After the main speaker gave his message, the rest of the prayer ministers and I went upfront to pray with anyone that had need.  An older gentleman approached me in frustration. His discontentment was not at anyone specifically, but that he had not yet been healed of the cancer that was manifesting itself on his face in giant scabs. He explained that he didn't want to just be prayed for, but that he wanted to be healed. I said, "Alright man, let’s do this!" As I prayed, I knew it was not by my own power that this man could be healed but that it was all by the power and authority that God has given me to heal the sick and to raise the dead. So I commanded the cancer to leave in Jesus’ name.


We got off topic and talked about football for several minutes. It was nice to see this man get his eyes off of his situation and onto something that he loved. The man started smiling and lighting up. It was incredible. I finally stopped the conversation and asked, “Is there anything else I can pray with you for?” And he said, "Yeah my eye! My right eye went completely blind about 6 months ago. The doctor said it was a detached retina." he explained.  "Okay man, let’s go!" I prayed a 10 second prayer for this man’s eye; I didn't use big theological words or try to convince God to heal this man because I understand that Jesus has already paid that price, and realize the power he has given me! I simply released that healing power right into that man’s eye. After praying, the man thanked me and walked away.


About 20 minutes went by and I heard the man calling for me again as I packed. “Chris! Chris! Come here!”

"What’s up man? How are you doing?" I asked.

"My eye! I can see out of it!" He said.

This man had received a complete healing in his eye that night – 20/20 vision. He was so stoked about his eye! It was not because of me, or any wise words that I used in my prayer, but simply the love of God expressed through my life towards this man.  God wants all his children healed. It's not about some hidden formula; but comes in an understanding of the beautiful fact that our God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment